Tuesday 27 March 2012

Website

Today I created the 2nd ancilliary task of a website. I used Wix.com to make the website and found it simple to use, however, it caused me much trouble and I ended up making 3 websites. On the first website I made, I forgot to save and lost all of it :( Then I started to make the second one, but used a template which I felt restricted me and decided to start again. I am extremely pleased with the final product, and feel that it looks professional and suits the genre of our artist. I created 5 pages on the website including, homepage, merchandise, tour, videos and contact. I can now fully understand why artists creat websites as it allows more platforms to sell themselves from. For example, now Evie can make money through her merchandise such as albums, posters and apps, and also shows links for her fans to purchase tour tickets on. Fans are also able to subscribe to Evie's newsletter to keep them up to date with the artist, and this creates a relationship between the star and audience.  
 
Above is the homepage. I used a picture of Evie as the background as this is what I had seen on most professional artist's websites, for example Beyonce. The colour scheme is continuous throughout the website and this creates motif for the artist. Similarly on the merchandise page shown below, the album cover is shown, and the single cover is shown for two of her tracks, which we also used in the digipack. To make our page more appealable to early adopter's we used a QR code, which smartphone users could scan and recieve a free Evie app. This also appeals to Evie's target audience, who are of a younger demographic and therefore digital natives.
On the rest of the site you can see Evie's tour dates, her latest videos, including 'Moneybox' and subscribe to her newsletter. 
Here is a link to our website, I hope you enjoy ...
We also made a twitter account...
https://twitter.com/#!/Evieoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment